REV. DOUGLAS H. HOWE
MINISTRY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR / MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
Some of Our Favorite Projects
Most of the Howe Team’s work is the engagement and coaching of (and with!) Owners of Privately Held companies, and Executives of both public and private companies and non-profits, and engagement with their companies and teams in Strategic Planning, Corporate Training, Crisis Response, Succession Planning and Crisis Response. As a boutique consulting team, we’re nimble, individualized, experienced and creative; here are a few of our favorite non-confidential projects:
Provided and implemented the Executive Training program for a Midwest medical firm;
Developed and implemented the leadership succession plan for a Midwest auto group;
Led the development of the Multi-Year turnaround strategic plan for a West Coast private school;
Led the development of the Multi-Year Strategic Master Plan for a midsized Midwest accounting firm;
Led 30% increase –then 300% increase – in the organizational design and program reach of a Northwest non-profit;
Led the review and redesign of governance structure and documents for Mideast non-profit;
Performed executive training and leadership development for legal services firm;
Performed governance development and training for a West Coast private school;
Assessed and redirected the management and fundraising efforts of a Midwest non-profit;
Re-designed the governance plan and documents for a Midwest health care non-profit;
Provide and implemented Executive Coaching for a Northeast manufacturing firm;
Developed and redesigned specialty curriculum and organizational structure for Southwest private school;
Retreats and single-day executive events for corporate training and teambuilding;
Plenary, primary or seminar speaker/leader for individual companies and associations;
Led in the development of succession planning and coaching for a Northeast auto group;
Led in the development of succession planning and coaching for a national restaurant firm;
Regularly have coached and directed C-suite and VP-level executives and potential executives through career transitions, especially during and after the Covid Lockdown season;
Designed the org. structure and led fundraising for a new Midwest non-profit start-up;
Led the organizational and fundraising efforts for a West Coast non-profit Diversity initiative.
INSIGNIA FOUNDATION – Cincinnati, OH
2012 – Present
Founder, Executive Director
- Started as volunteer ministry, a “hobby for the Lord,” reaching the unreached in the professional world.
- Began in Cincinnati, now 4 cities, current reach: 1000+.
- Monthly outreach gatherings, Zoom bible studies, fishing/golf retreats, weekly Inspirational bible letter.
- Preparing for Next Level growth in width, depth, breadth, via org. dev., social media, podcasts, staffing.
the howe team – Cincinnati, OH
2004 – Present
Founding Principal, Executive Coach, Management Consultant, Speaker/Trainer.
- Serving Leaders, Companies, Ministries, Organizations
- Strategic Planning, Talent Development, Succession, Servant Leadership, Corporate Chaplain, more.
- Business Clients served: AK Steel, Procter & Gamble, Duke Energy, Sugar Creek Co., Cincinnati Eye, Carespring, GBQ Partners, Tri-Health, Epipheo, Basil Cars, Lyle Pearson Auto Show, Process Plus, Pioneer Glazing, Middletown Tube Works, Zumbiel Packaging, Exion Energy, Phillips Tube Group, more.
- Non-Profit Clients served: Make-A-Wish, Anthony Munoz Foundation, Oaks Christian Schools, Stepping Stones, Young Life, Village Christian Schools, CHARGE for Connor, Becky Baker Foundation, more.
- Confidential Personal Coaching: Leaders in Business, Ministry, Government, Education, more.
- Provides foundation for financial support of Insignia.
MONTGOMERY COMMUNITY BAPTIST CHURCH – Cincinnati, OH
2006 – 2009
Teaching Pastor, Director of Spiritual Growth
- Preaching/Teaching in four weekend services, including Traditional, Contemporary, NextGen.
- Leader/Trainer/Equipper of Small Groups.
- Pastoral Care, 1:1 Pastoral Counseling, Visitation.
- Senior Staff team assignments, staff mentoring, leader of church initiatives.
- Wonderful church growth, mobilization, before Sr. Pastor’s moral failure.
HORIZON COMMUNITY CHURCH – Cincinnati, OH
1999 – 2004
Founding Pastor, Senior Pastor
- Launched church to reach the unchurched and disinterested in the wealthiest zip code in Ohio.
- Began as commuter from Southern California; transitioned from former role, moved family in summer.
- Prayer/work/strategy to do the impossible: leading camels through the eyes of needles.
- Grew from 40 to 1400 in just under five years.
- Hired 20+ staff, launched land/building fund, weekly outreach and equipping services.
- Full family offerings, children and youth of all ages, missions trips, music ministry, arts/sports/etc.
- Established Elders, Executive Board, Governance, Polity, Service Designs
- Also served as Program Director, Worship/Praise Leader, Bible service teacher, Outreach service speaker
- Led small groups, conducted feedback sessions, recruited/trained/mentored staff.
- Recruited my eventual successor.
YOUNG LIFE – Colorado Springs, CO
1983 – 2000
National Leadership Team, Regional Director, Area Director
- Began as college student volunteer after not participating much in high school.
- Learned missionary work the hard way while starting a new program in a new city.
- Eventually Founded Young Life in Santa Clarita, California, which still rolls strong today.
- Developed, built and ran the Northern Los Angeles Region, including Burbank, SF Valley, Pasadena, etc.
- Innovations and organizational change re: Junior High/Middle School, Church Partnerships, more.
- Launched and funded ministry across ethnic and economic divides.
- Developed / Oversaw 20+ paid staff, 200+ volunteer staff, multiple Boards, 1000+ donors
- Also served as Camps Director, Camp Speaker, Program (Entertainment) Director, Staff Director
- Developed Family ministry outreaches.
- Grew our $$ budgets from thousands to hundreds of thousands to millions.
- Responsible for National Level Decisions, Camp Development, HR Modules, Marketing/Branding, more.
- Eventually transitioned out as role became more administrative/mid-management, less “missionary.”
REMARKABLY BLESSED by our lord WITH UNIQUE EARLY TENTMAKING ROLES
1983 – 2000
In Support of Education and Ministry…
- Sports Writer, L.A. Daily News: National pro sports, small college sports, high school sports.
- Sports Writer, Burbank Daily Review: Local High Schools, sports events, features, and column.
- Souvenir Sales, Dodger Stadium, Rose Bowl, L.A. County Fair, Major League Soccer
- Umpire/Referee, State High School Sports
- Umpire/Referee, City of Burbank Youth and Adult Football, Basketball, Baseball, Softball
- Park & Recreation Department, Summer Camp Supervisor, Park Supervisor, Event Supervisor
- Mover/Packer, May Trucking Company
- Assistant Golf Professional Staff, Vista Valencia Golf Course
MASTER OF ARTS, THEOLOGY – Fuller Theological Seminary, 1985 – 2000
MASTER OF ARTS, CHRISTIAN LEADERSHIP – Completed, Unclaimed, Fuller Seminary, 1985 – 1999
BACHELOR OF ARTS, ENGLISH – California State University, Northridge, 1980 – 1984
CEUs, LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT – Notre Dame University, 2012